The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® instrument is the the most widely used personality inventory in the world. It provides an accurate picture of a person’s personality type. Personality in turn influences behavior.
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® determines preferences in four dimensions:
Combinations of these preferences result in 16 distinct personality types. Personality type influences an individual’s way of communicating and interacting with others.
First, the value of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® is in acquainting participants with their own MBTI® type. Second, this enables them to make educated guesses about the types of other people with whom they interact. As a result, they are more effective in dealing with others. We also often use MBTI® in our team building work. Benefits of a Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® program include the following:
- Individuals increase their awareness of their own style and its implications.
- Individuals learn to identify and value the style differences they have with others.
- Leaders learn how to relate to and manage their staff differently and more effectively.
- Teams learn more about themselves and the individuals who make them up.
- Teams, individuals, and leaders learn a common language. This new language enables them to frame and address style differences effectively
This overview video will tell you more about the MBTI.
Then, we invite you to download and print or save any of the following Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator® sample reports:
- Myers-Briggs Sample Profile Report 2015
- Interpretative Report for Organizations Sample 2015 (implications of an individual style within an organization)
- Team Report Sample 2010 (team type implications)
- Work Styles Report 2010 (compares styles of two people)
Finally, please contact us for a no-cost, no-obligation consultation about your particular needs. A required certification process protects the MBTI® instrument. Larry Brower personally holds this certification.